After you renewed your license and you plug in your new license and the license key is coming up as invalid. This article gives one one solution to this issue.
When applying a license key to your FaxMaker system you get the error "The license key you have entered is invalid". Screenshots below show the error in version 18 and version 19.
When you renew your FaxMaker license, the license you receive from GFI will be your license but the latest version. If you are not on the latest version, you will receive the error "The license key you have entered is invalid". When this happens you will have two options:
- Upgrade the software to the latest version using the upgrading FaxMaker article
- Downgrade the license key to your current version. You can verify your current version using the finding your FaxMaker version article.
- For downgrading your license key, open a ticket with GFI Support and provide the license key and request the key be downgraded to the version you specify.
From the two solution articles there are two confirmation options:
- Complete the software upgrade and confirm the new key works.
- Once the key is downgraded to the version you are on, you can then apply the key to your FaxMaker installation.