Users are unable to open the FaxMaker Web Interface. HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error is displayed. This article provides information for solving this error.
NOTE: HTTP 500.19 error is very generic. Please read the details listed on the error page to ensure that this article is applicable.
- Windows Server: Any with IIS Web Services installed
- IIS 7, 7.5, 8
The settings mentioned from the error below are configured for a specific user (UserAccountA) to access a required path/file but is not able to do so.
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Detailed Error Information
Module: IIS Web Core
Handler: Not yet determined
Error Code: 0x80070532
Config Error: Can not log on locally to C:\inetpub\wwwroot as user UserAccountA with virtual directory password
Config File: \\?\C:\inetpub\temp\apppools\ArchiverPool\ArchiverPool.config
Requested URL: http://servername:80/Archiver/
Logon Method: Not yet determined
Logon User: Not yet determined
145: <application path="/">
146: <virtualDirectory path="/" physicalPath="%SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot" userName="UserAccountA" password="[enc:AesProvider:1234567890:enc]" />
147: <virtualDirectory path="/Content" physicalPath="c:\Program Files\Update Services\WsusContent\" />
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. (Right-click the Start Button, select Run and type inetmgr and select OK)
- Go to Sites > Default Web Site.
- On the right-hand pane, click Advanced Settings.
- Edit the setting of Physical Path Credentials and make sure that the Application User (pass-through authentication) is selected.
NOTE: If the issue still persists, please refer to Microsoft article Troubleshooting HTTP 500.19 Errors in IIS 7 for further troubleshooting and other possible solutions.