When installing GFI FaxMaker, connectors should be configured on the mail server (either automatically or manually) to route all emails addressed to particular domains to GFI FaxMaker. The default fax and SMS domains are faxmaker.com and smsmaker.com.
GFI FaxMaker enables modification of the default fax and SMS domain names. When these are modified, users send an email addressed to the custom domain name. For example, when modifying the fax domain name to
fax.mydomain.com, users can send a fax to the number
123456 by composing an email addressed to
IMPORTANT - Use this guide with caution.
- Failing to complete the steps correctly will hinder mail flow and consequently fax transmission.
- It is recommended to only modify the domain names when constraints in the mail environment do not allow using the default domain names. For example, when using Microsoft® Office 365™ Email-only account types.
NOTE: When GFI FaxMaker is installed on the Microsoft® Exchange Server, the connectors are modified automatically.
Create new or modify existing connectors on the mail server using the new domain names. Connectors should route all emails addressed to the fax and SMS domain names to the GFI FaxMaker server.
- From GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click the Email2FAXGateway node and select Properties.
- From the Fax/SMS domains tab, specify custom Fax domain name and/or SMS domain name (for example,
- Click OK to apply the changes.
NOTE: To restore the default faxmaker.com and smsmaker.com domains, click Reset to default and click OK.
To test this functionality, send a test fax from an email account to the new domain names. Check that the email is received by GFI FaxMaker in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor.