The purpose of this article is to provide instructions for when outbound faxes fail during documentation conversion and display an error 1801 message. When this happens faxes do not send and an 1801 conversion error is received in the transmission report.
All FaxMaker installations.
The FaxMaker services do not have enough permissions to complete document conversion with the default printer. Once the service account is verified or changed, you will need to ensure the FaxMaker printer is the default printer for that account.
- Using the viewing the FaxMaker service account in use article, determine what account is used as the FaxMaker Fax Server service account.
- Ensure this account is a domain administrator or has permissions granted according to this article.
- Log into the FaxMaker server using the account discovered in step 1.
- Select Start and open Control Panel
- Select Devices and Printers
- Right-click the FaxMaker Printer and select Set as Default
- Restart the FaxMaker Services
Once the service account has proper permissions and the default printer is set to FaxMaker for that account, the outbound faxes will no longer fail due to 1801 conversion errors.