User mailboxes are hosted at an ISP's mail server. FaxMaker is sending emails with the from address being @faxmaker.com and the ISP's mail server is rejecting them.
- A mail server that does not allow relaying at the ISP level.
The ISP's mail server does not allow relaying.
Please perform the following instructions to change how FaxMaker is running:
- Stop all FaxMaker services and the Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin service (including all dependencies).
- Start regedit.exe
- Browse to:
- x86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI FAX & VOICE\Faxmaker\Config
x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI FAX & VOICE\Faxmaker\Config
- Change the DWORD value ‘InstallMode’ to
3(this adds a new tab to the Email2FAXGateway properties).
- Open FaxMaker configuration and go to Email2FAXGateway properties.
- Go to the POP3 Downloader tab.
- Enable POP3 Downloader and type in an e-mail address in the Full email address of mailbox specified above field.
- Disable POP3 Downloader.
- Restart all Faxmaker and IIS services stopped in step 1.