If the Wait for Dialtone and Tone Dialing options are enabled in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration, then GFI FaxMaker will place the characters W and the character T in front of the dial string. In certain environments (especially as FOIP) it may be necessary to disable the use of tone dialing and wait for a dialtone. This article gives instructions for disabling these features.
This may be discovered by your telco or phone vendor having been observed in a capture or log review. This will usually be accompanied by another error, such as No Dialtone: 45.
Follow the steps below to disable the Tone Dialing and Wait for Dialtone options:
- From Programs, select the GFI FaxMaker Configuration
- Select Lines/Devices and properties
- For each line, choose to view the Properties
- From the Device tab, uncheck Tone Dialing and Wait for Dialtone under line options
- Repeat these steps for each line, then select OK to close the line properties box and OK again to close the Lines/Devices properties box.
- When prompted to restart the FaxMaker Fax Server Service, select Yes.
When the Tone dialing and Wait for dialtone options have been disabled (deselected) the WT will no longer be in front of the dial string and the associated error that was being received, is no longer present.