When faxes are failing with a no dial tone error, you may notice from logging or Wireshark captures that a WT has been placed in front of the dial string. This article gives instructions to resolve this issue.
If the Wait for Dialtone and Tone Dialing options are enabled in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration, then GFI FaxMaker will place the characters W and the character T in front of the dial string. In certain environments (especially as FOIP) it may be necessary to disable the use of tone dialing and wait for a dialtone.
Follow the steps below to disable the Tone Dialing and Wait for Dialtone options:
- From Programs, select the GFI FaxMaker Configuration
- Select Lines/Devices and properties
- For each line, choose to view the Properties
- From the Device tab, uncheck Tone Dialing and Wait for Dialtone underline options
- Repeat these steps for each line, then select OK to close the line properties box and OK again to close the Lines/Devices properties box.
- When prompted to restart the FaxMaker Fax Server Service, select Yes.
When the Tone dialing and Wait for dialtone options have been disabled (deselected) the WT will no longer be in front of the dial string and the associated no dial tone error that was being received, is no longer present.