This article describes how to use FaxMaker's resend feature using the resend string in the transmission report.
When a Fax send attempt has occurred in GFI FaxMaker and the default options are enabled, the sending user should receive a Transmission Report to Email stating whether the Fax job was successful or not. In the subject line of the email, there will appear:
- [::resend=snumberstring] - if the Fax was sent successfully, or
- [::resend=fnumberstring] - if the Fax attempt failed.
The number string is a code that is tied to the original Fax job.
To make use of this resend string, the user needs to simply reply to the Transmission Report Email and the fax job should be recreated and sent with the original contents.
- By default, attachments used for the resend are stored in a directory for two days if the original fax job was sent successfully.
- The attachments are stored for seven days if the original fax failed to send.
- The resend option will work only in an environment where Microsoft Exchange is present and faxes are sent from Microsoft Outlook with a MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface) profile.
- If Microsoft Exchange is not internal to the organization, the reply does not route directly to the GFI FaxMaker server, and therefore cannot re-piece the original fax job.