PROBLEMThe Dialogic Brooktrout Boston Host service does not start when using an analog physical fax board.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
SOLUTIONIn the Dialogic Brooktrout configuration > Advanced mode, the following settings must be configured:
- In BTCall Parameters node, set the country file appropriate to region or country
- In Call Control Parameters set the PCM companding to u-law (US, Canada and Japan) or A-law (rest of the world)
- On all 'Port' tabs, set the Protocol File to analog_loopstart_us.lec (US, Canada and Japan) or analog_loopstart_europe.lec (rest of the world)
- On all 'Port' tabs, set the Country Variant File to us600.qslac (US, Canada and Japan) or ctr21.qslac (rest of the world)
CAUSEIncorrect settings fail to initialize the physical fax board properly.
- Dialogic no longer supports any SDK prior to 6.7.0 (Included with GFI FaxMaker 2014)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is supported by GFI FaxMaker but IS NOT supported by Dialogic for SDK 6.7.0