When receiving inbound faxes, the email address/account that is set up as the default router also receives a copy.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All Supported Environments
When a fax is received, the default behavior is to look to each routing module for a match. GFI FaxMaker will send a copy of the inbound fax for ALL matches found.
- Check each of the routing options under GFI FaxMaker Configuration > 'Routing' > (CSID/DTMF/DID/OCR/Line/MSN).
- If you are duplicating efforts on routing, it is possible that you will receive copies of each inbound fax to one or more users.
E.g., DID/DTMF and Line routing enabled.
- If a fax comes in over line 1 and to DID 1234, then with DID/DTMF and Line routing enabled, there are multiple recipients of the inbound fax.
- If you look at the properties of one of these possible routes, and no recipient is defined for the transmission report, then the default router will get a copy of the inbound fax.
- The solution is to either define a user for the transmission report of all routes enabled or use one routing method only.
- Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI FAX & VOICE\fmserver_advanced]. If working with 32-bit Windows, the registry location is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI FAX & VOICE\fmserver_advanced].
- Edit or create the following DWORD value
route_one_recipientand assign it a value of
- Restart the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service.