A Multitech modem will not initialize in the GFI FaxMaker monitor.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
- Navigate to the installation directory of GFI FaxMaker. The default path is: ..Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker
Note: On a 64 bit GFI FaxMaker installations, the default path is: ..Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker
- Locate the modems.dev file and open it with notepad to edit
- Find the line of text that contains the modem driver you are currently using in lines/devices of the GFI FaxMaker configuration
- Add the string -noreset at the end of the line entry for the device
- Save the file and exit notepad
- Re-start the GFI FaxMaker services for changes to take effect
By default, this modem will reset after a fax reception is completed. The fax device may not handle the reset process properly. This will cause a failure to initialize the fax device.