This article describes the process to uninstall and install the FaxMaker Printer manually. This article should be used when you are getting errors while trying to uninstall the FaxMaker printer using the scripts in the FaxMaker folder.
Any FaxMaker instalaltion.
Uninstalling the FaxMaker Printer
When uninstalling a device driver and the scripts are not working from the Installing or Recreating the FaxMaker Printer article, Windows utility pnputil is recommended. The pnputil commands we will use are the following.
-d [-f] <oem#.inf> ==> /delete-driver <oem#.inf> [/force]
-e ==> /enum-drivers
Follow the steps below to remove the FaxMaker Printer manually:
- Open an administrative command prompt.
- Type pnputil -e and review the list of installed drivers that comes up.
- Find the drivers that list the Driver package provider as GFI Software Ltd as shown below.
- Once located, use the command pnputil -d oemxx.inf-f where xx is the number provided in the pnputil listing. The example above would be pnputil -d oem3.inf-f.
- Open Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- If the FAXmaker printer is still present, right-click and select remove device.
- If required, proceed to the Installing section to install the FaxMaker Printer.
Installing the FaxMaker Printer
Follow the steps below to create the FaxMaker Printer manually:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- Select The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Click Next.
- Select the check box Use an existing port and select NUL from the drop-down and click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- Browse to this path and file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Faxmaker.inf
- Do not select the Use the driver that is currently installed.
- Click Next twice.
- Check Do not share.
- Click Next and Finish.
After completing the steps above the FaxMaker Printer will be removed or in place, depending on your circumstances. To confirm this, navigate to Control Panel and then to Devices and Printers where, if installing, you will find the recently added printer listed there or if removed, it will no longer be present.