There are instances wherein the SMS messages are sent successfully, but when replies are received the Message Transfer Agent service is stopped. The COM port, used by the GSM modem, becomes uninitialized. The Message Transfer Agent must be restarted to resume SMS messaging.
This article provides resolution for this issue.
Jira defect GFIFM-1862 has been raised for this issue.
If FaxMaker version 18 or lower is installed then upgrade to version 19.1 and apply the patch: FM19_GFIFM-1862_MTA_STOP_SMS_.zip
Install the patch by following the steps below:
- Stop services and close the console.
- Right-click the ZIP file, and then click Properties.
- In the General tab, click Unblock.
- Unpack the zip file and view the files it contains.
- Find the corresponding files (EXEs or DLLs etc...) in the installation directory and move it/them to a different location but please retain in case the patch needs to be reverted. If there is no corresponding file then it is OK to copy the new file into the installation directory.
- Copy in the replacement files from the unpacked patch folder.
- Restart the services.