- When troubleshooting issues with a Dialogic Eicon Diva Server device, it may be helpful to send or receive faxes without using GFI FaxMaker to determine if there is a line-device communication issue.
- This article explains the process of using the Dialogic Diva Line Test utility to send or receive faxes without using GFI FaxMaker.
- Follow these steps to perform a line-test using the built-in test utility in Diva Server:
- Start > All Programs > Dialogic Diva > Line Test.
- Select the Fax tab.
- From the Device dropdown menu, select the line to test.
- Click Start Log.
- Send test fax by:
- Entering a fax number in 'Called Party Number'.
- Clicking the Call button.
- For further troubleshooting, retrieve the log file typically present in the following locations:
- Windows XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\<logged in user>\Local Settings\Temp\1\
- Windows 2008: C:\Users\<logged in user>\AppData\Local\Temp\1\
Fax Devices and Cards Supported by GFI FaxMaker