- GFI FaxMaker 2015
GFI FaxMaker can be evaluated without the need of a fax device. During the evaluation period GFI FaxMaker can be setup with TE-Systems XCAPI to send and to receive faxes on two fax channels utilizing its own IP address 127.0.0.1 (also known as LoopBack Pseudo Interface). An additional license key for TE-Systems XCAPI is not needed during the evaluation.
Please ensure that GFI FaxMaker and TE-Systems XCAPI are installed before continuing with this article:
- How to install GFI FaxMaker
- Installing and Configuring XCAPI to Work with FaxMaker up to "Setting up A XCAPI Controller"
Configuring XCAPI controller with loopback pseudo-interface
- Open the XCAPI Configuration
- Click on the Click here to add a controller link under the Controller section
In the Controller Wizard select Add PBX or other VoIP Syste" and click on the Next button
- Select the 127.0.0.1 Loopback Pseudo-Interface on the GFI FaxMaker machine
- Next select SIP as your appropriate VoIP gateway which will be used to send and receive faxes.
- Next keep all four fields empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window specify 127.0.0.1 as the default SIP domain. Click on Next button to confirm the SIP IP address.
- In the next dialog window keep all two fields empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window keep the field empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window confirm the number of SIP channels (minimum two channels: on one line to send a fax which is received on the other line at the same time) and proceed with the Next button.
- Finally confirm the new Loopback Pseude SIP controller with Finish button.
- Select File > Save to save and initialise TE-Systems XCAPI service.
At this point a controller has been created. For the controller to be used by GFI FaxMaker in order to send and receive faxes over two channels you need to configure GFI FaxMaker with XCAPI.
Please follow below: Installing and Configuring XCAPI to Work with FaxMaker
Please find how to send a test fax in GFI FaxMaker in the following article: How to send a test fax?
- The rest of the options, which you can configure when creating a new line, are discussed further in the Installing and Configuring XCAPI to Work with FaxMaker (Section: Configuring a fax line > Line options)
- During evaluation period inbound faxes will contain a TE-Systems XCAPI watermark.