- GFI FaxMaker
Some hosted mail servers (e.g. Microsoft Office 365) require the use of TLS encryption. GFI FaxMaker cannot be configured with TLS encryption; however, GFI FaxMaker can submit the message to the local machine and let IIS route it to the server using TLS encryption.
- Change the domain used in the transmission reports to a domain that the mail server will accept
- Configure IIS:
- Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Expand the tree under the server name
- Expand the Default SMTP Virtual Server
- Right-click the Domains icon > select New > select Domain
- Add domain configured in step 1
- Set 'Allow incoming mail to be relayed for this remote domain'
- Set it to forward all emails to the mail server
- Open outbound security and enable TLS encryption
- Other configuration settings may be required depending on your environment, please confirm with your mail server administrator.
- IIS SMTP component not available natively on Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1