Inbound and Outbound faxes stop until services are manually restarted. The article shows a resolution for this problem.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
Known common causes are:
- Anti-Virus scans and active protection can cause the GFI FaxMaker services not to start correctly or hang when the processes fmserver.exe and/or the fmgwinit.exe files are scanned.
- Account permissions have changed causing the services to not start up correctly or start without enough permissions until an administrator manually restarts the services.
- Access information for the service account has changed and the services are still set to run under old information, for example, administrator or service account password changed but never updated on the GFI FaxMaker services.
- Verify that the GFI FaxMaker services are running under a domain account that is a member of the domain administrators group.
- Verify that antivirus exclusions are in place as described here in this article.
- Make sure that the password for the service account has not been changed recently by inputting the password again and restarting the services. This type of failure will normally be accompanied by an error message 'The service did not start due to a logon failure' when a restart of the service is attempted.