The purpose of this article is to provide information about keeping FaxMaker up to date to be able to communicate with Etherfax. If this update is not done you may receive an error 74 or error 67 as communication is not able to take place between the FaxMaker server and Etherfax.
Any FaxMaker installation version 18.2 or higher using Etherfax as an online fax service.
Etherfax stopped supporting TLS 1.0 and required a change for communication with their servers. FaxMaker was updated to use TLS 1.2 with regards to Etherfax communication and this issue is resolved in all of version 20 of FaxMaker.
Use the article How to Upgrade FaxMaker to upgrade to a supported version to resolve this issue.
If you are using version 19 with Etherfax and are unable to upgrade at this time, there is a patch for this that can be deployed through FaxMaker Updates. To set up these updates, please review the Web Interface System Settings article under the heading Updates.
If you are running GFI FaxMaker 18.2 or 18.3 with Etherfax and are unable to upgrade at this time, GFI has created a patch for these versions. Please follow these steps to apply the patch:
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services and close the configuration MMC, if open.
- Download the patch from cdndl.gfi.com/patches/FM2015/fmEtherfax_18.3.zip
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP file, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Unblock and then select OK. This option may not be present.
- Unpack the zip file by right-clicking and selecting Extract all, and view the files it contains.
- Find the fmEtherfax.fxd file in the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker) and move it to a different location.
- Copy in the replacement fmEtherfax.fxd file from the unpacked patch folder.
- Once the file is replaced restart all FaxMaker services that were stopped in step 1.
After upgrading to a supported version or following the steps for the listed versions, FaxMaker and Etherfax will now communicate using TLS 1.2.