This article provides information about the new features, improvements, and installation requirement about GFI FaxMaker 2014 - build 20140821.
GFI FaxMaker 2014 (build 20140821)
The information about the new features, improvement, and installation requirements are as follows:
- Support for Sangoma devices: Sangoma PRI; Sangoma Analog(Sangoma A101 and Sangoma A200)
[Note: GFI FaxMaker 19 and newer does not support Sangoma cards.]
- Support for new SMS provider: Message Media.
- Support for Brooktrout SDK v6.7.0.
- Support for XCAPI v3.4.27.
- Etherfax: Support for Canadian-based data centers.
- GFI FaxMaker archive database viewer.
- IIS SMTP independence*.
- WSAPI-based Faxmaker Client**.
* GFI FaxMaker can now be installed on client operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 8 which do not support IIS SMTP.
** GFI FaxMaker Client can now interoperate with GFI FaxMaker Server through its Web Services API which eliminates the need to use SMTP protocol for communications.
- Dialogic no longer supports any SDK prior to 6.7.0.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and prior are not supported by Dialogic for SDK 6.7.0.
- GFI FaxMaker MTA service may crash when using Clickatell service to send SMS.
- When GFI FaxMaker is installed in SMTP mode, one cannot modify properties of a licensed user in the configuration.
- When using a CAPI device, faxes may be marked as successfully sent when an error is reported on disconnect.
- When using HPDS, transmission reports may not be sent.
- When assigning users to individual lines, GFI FaxMaker does not store more than 8 users.
- GFI FaxMaker does not initialize more that 30 XCAPI channels.
- Junk fax filtering may not function correctly.
- Non-Latin characters may not appear correctly on the coverpage.
Installation Requirements for GFI FaxMaker 2014
- If installing on Microsoft IIS SMTP (x86), Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, then Microsoft IIS with SMTP Service installed is required. [NOTE: If installing on a client operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8, IIS SMTP is not required.]
- If installing on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013, then Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Hub Transport Server Role must be present.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is required.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate is the only client operating system that is supported by Brooktrout.
Where to Download
The latest version of GFI FaxMaker can be downloaded from GFI Downloads.