The purpose of this article is to describe the steps to take to resolve when the autoprinting of inbound faxes stops. This could occur after upgrading to or installing FaxMaker 19.2 (build 20180502), or it could also happen with other versions after 19.2 as well, but is not as common.
Any FaxMaker system using the autoprint feature, version 19.2 or higher.
The auto printing process was recreated in build 19.2. Rather than using direct printing or SMB printing, the print job now triggers a task in the task scheduler, which is set up when FaxMaker build 19.2 is installed. When this occurs on 19.2 the issue is resolved with the steps below.
The workaround listed below will allow the print jobs to trigger the task, and the task will operate properly and print.
- Open Task Scheduler.
- Select Task Scheduler Library.
- Select FAXmakerAutoPrintTask and right-click and select Properties.
- By default the radio button Run only when the user is logged on is selected.
- Select the radio button Run whether the user is logged on or not.
- Click OK.
- You will be prompted for credentials for the service account.
- Restart FaxMaker services and test.
Note: This fix was included in FaxMaker 20. Even if you are able to change the task on version 19.2 as listed in the workaround, it is recommended to upgrade to version 20.
If this issue occurs with version 20 or higher, verify the steps above and if they are correct, verify the service account password has not expired. Use the viewing FaxMaker service accounts in use article to verify the account is correct and can log in.
The inbound fax routing completes auto printing successfully.