Versions / Builds Affected20110902
Problem SummaryWhen upgrading to FAXmaker 2011 Service Release 2 (build 20110902) you notice that your configuration does not load when opening the configuration interface.
How to Identify1) Upgrade to Service Release 2 (build 20110902)
2) Open configuration
3) Check that your license is gone, your users are missing, etc.
Starting in Service Release 2, FAXmaker upgraded the configuration files (.fst) to a Microsoft Access Database (.mdb). During "some" installations, this upgrade does not complete and needs to be done manually.
Workaround / Fix DetailsAfter verifying that you configuration loads with empty information, please proceed below:
1) Go to the installation directory (../GFI/FAXmaker)
2) Find the file: fmcfgupg.exe
3) Please run the executable
4) Restart both GFI FAXmaker services
5) Open configuration and verify that the settings are now visible
*Please note that you will see duplicate coverpages as the coverpages are in the initial blank database and when you re-upgrade the fst files, the coverpages are brought back in again.
Required ActionsWhen you encounter this issue, please do the following so that we can work on a resolution.
1) Collect troubleshooters (need the system information)
2) Get a copy of the install log (generally in %temp%)
3) Run through the workaround to ensure that the customer's issue is fixed