Unable to send fax. Fax fails with error 'Handshaking Failure 54' that is shown in GFI FaxMaker monitor and / or debug logs.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
After a call is placed successfully (which triggers a ringing on the remote side) any errors which occurs during the negotiation phase, transmission phase or cal termination phase are reported as a handshaking error: 54. The handshaking error:54 does not indicate in what stage the error occurred, so a closer look into the available logs files is necessary.
The initial approaches are:
- Check manually whether a user can dial the fax number and can hear a fax tone
- Check if the issue persists only with the fax number in question and if it is reproducible
Please check then if ECM is supported by the sender, the recipient and all middle men ( such as PABX, routers, etc ).
The 'Handshaking Failure 54' error is a generic error. Some causes of this error are:
- Having an invalid fax number or the remote party is not a fax machine
- ECM is not supported during fax transmission