This article describes the resolution of an error which occurs when sending a fax with an attachment through GFI FaxMaker. The sender receives a report with the following error:
Error: '1700: - Document Conversion failed. Association does not exist.'
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This error may occur when GFI FaxMaker attempts to print the attached document onto the GFI FaxMaker printer. A document conversion error is usually encountered at this phase when the print association is not set or misconfigured for the attached file type.
- The application (associated with the attached document file type) is installed and operable on the GFI FaxMaker machine.
- A print to shortcut (print association) is present and selectable on the GFI FaxMaker machine. The print to shortcut is typically installed with all document and file type applications. To check this:
- Right-click the file in Microsoft Windows Explorer.
- If the option to Print is displayed, it means the association is present.
- Try to print using this option to ensure that the association is working correctly.
- The GFI FaxMaker printer driver is installed correctly and accessible on the GFIFAX port.