When sending a multipage fax document with GFI FaxMaker using a Mainpine IQ Express fax board, the error response 42 may be encountered.
Any FaxMaker installation using an analog modem, especially a Mainpine fax board.
This issue appears to be related to the Mainpine IQ Express fax board and multipage fax documents sent to specific remote devices. This is directed at a Mainpine IQ Express card
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration and select Lines/Devices, then right-click and select Properties
- Select the line in use under the General tab and select the Properties.... button
- In the Device tab, Modem type: dropdown, change the device from Mainpine IQ Express to Generic class 2.0 (Hardware flow &K3)
- Select the Advanced modem options.... button, edit modem
- Ensure settings:
- Flow Control: Hardware (RTS/CTS)
- Fax Class: 2.0
- Voice chipset: Conexant
- DLE codes method (DTE > DCE): Indirect (flow)
- Data initialization string: AT&F&K3
- Select OK to the advanced modem properties window, then OK to the Line properties (Device tab)
- Follow steps 2 - 6 for each Mainpine IQ Express line configuration
- After editing all lines, select OK to close the Lines and Devices properties box and select OK to restart the FaxMaker fax server service.
After making the changes listed above for the lines in the FaxMaker Configuration, send a multipage test fax to ensure the settings resolved the issue.