This article provides information on the configuration of FaxMaker XCAPI Licensing. The article involves information on viewing the licensing status, the two components of the XCAPI license, and the details on the trial license option.
Any FaxMaker installation using XCAPI as a fax device.
Components of XCAPI Licensing
There are two major components of XCAPI Licensing:
- Operational - This is the part of the license that allows XCAPI to work. This is purchased for the number of lines to be used. This part of the license is not timebound, i.e., it never expires.
- SUS (software upgrade service) - The software upgrade service portion of the license will allow free upgrades to the XCAPI software for 1 year.
Info! When you have a valid XCAPI license and upgrade your FaxMaker, it will also upgrade XCAPI depending on the version/build. In this case, XCAPI does not work until the SUS license is updated or the XCAPI version is downgraded.
The Trial License
XCAPI also includes a perpetual trial license. The XCAPI trial license could be used for 2 lines and it places a blue watermark on the left-hand side of the fax pages.
Configuring Your XCAPI License
In order to configure XCAPI Licensing and learn more about the options, please follow the steps below.
- To access the XCAPI Configuration, go to Start > Programs > XCAPI > XCAPI Configuration.
- To turn the expert view on, choose View, then select Expert. You can use the keyboard shortcut F8 as an alternative.
- In the left pane, under the Configuration tab, go to Licenses.
- In the right pane, the status of the XCAPI license is displayed. (Please, see the image, below.)
- To set up a license on this server, click Start Wizard. Pick one of the suitable options below:
Import a license from a license file:
If you have downloaded a license file from the TE-Systems website, use this option to import the license.
Request a license from a "License on Demand" server:
If you had received a LOD key when you purchased XCAPI, please select this option. Enter the key here to activate the license.
Remove installed licenses:
The final option removes all the XCAPI licenses from the system.
- Follow the wizard for the options selected to complete licensing your XCAPI device.
After following the steps above your XCAPI system will be licensed and ready for use with FaxMaker.