GFI FaxMaker enables you to enforce the use of billing codes when sending faxes. Users or groups of users use a particular billing code to send faxes. This allows the administrator to monitor fax usage by codes. The billing code is only for tracking purposes and serves no purpose for FaxMaker itself. This article describes enabling the billing codes and their usage.
Using Billing Codes to Send Faxes
- Add the following API command to the fax:
<billing number>with the billing number assigned to the user.
- Faxes without billing codes are not sent if this feature is enabled.
- When sending faxes via email, billing codes can be included in the email subject. Key in the command enclosed in square brackets.
Enforcing the Use of Billing Codes
- Access the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Right-click on Billing and select Properties.
- Mark Every fax sent must include a billing code to enable and enforce Billing options.
Unchecking this option disables the feature.
- Click OK to apply the changes.