This article provides information and guidance for setting up GFI FaxMaker in the following mail environments:
GFI FaxMaker must be installed and ready to be configured before using this guide. Refer to Installing or Upgrading GFI FaxMaker for more information.
GFI FaxMaker can be installed in an SMTP server environment such as MDaemon.
To do this:
- Create a routing rule on your mail server that routes all messages sent to
smsmaker.comdomains to the GFI FaxMaker server.
- Install the IIS SMTP service on the GFI FaxMaker server.
- Install GFI FaxMaker. For more information refer to the Installation procedure.
NOTE: The default fax (faxmaker.com) and SMS (smsmaker.com) domains can be customized by the GFI FaxMaker administrator. Use the configured fax or SMS domain accordingly. For more information refer to Fax and SMS domain names.
GFI FaxMaker can retrieve faxes/SMS from a dedicated POP3 mailbox.
- On the mail server, create a POP3 mailbox that is dedicated for GFI FaxMaker.
- Install GFI FaxMaker on a separate machine than the mail server. For more information refer to the Installation procedure.
- In the Sending Options screen of the post-installation configuration wizard, specify the details of this POP3 mailbox and proceed with the wizard.
- Configure the GFI FaxMaker POP3 Downloader to retrieve emails stored in this mailbox. For more information refer to POP3 Downloader.
When using a POP3 mailbox, the method of sending faxes/SMS via email is different than when routing emails via SMTP. For more information refer to Sending faxes/SMS via a POP3 Mailbox.
In a network where multiple mail servers are independent of each other, configure each email server individually to forward faxes to GFI FaxMaker. Use the same methods described for each type of mail server.
For more information refer to Mail Server Configuration.