GFI FaxMaker can be configured to retrieve faxes and SMS for transmission from a POP3 mailbox. Configure the POP3 Connector to poll and download faxes from a dedicated GFI FaxMaker POP3 mailbox.
This article describes how to configure POP3 mailbox settings.
- This option is not available if the mail server is configured to route faxes and SMS to GFI FaxMaker via SMTP.
- Ensure that the POP3 mailbox is dedicated exclusively to GFI FaxMaker. FaxMaker downloads all emails contained in this mailbox for processing and emails are permanently deleted from the mailbox after download.
- Sending faxes/SMS via email when using POP3 is different than SMTP. For additional information, refer to Sending faxes/SMS via a POP3 Mailbox.
- From GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click Email2FaxGateway and select Properties.
- From the POP3 Downloader tab, configure the following options:
Enable POP3 downloader
Enable downloading of faxes from a POP3 mailbox.
Mail server name/IP and port
Enter the name or IP address of the mail server and the port number.
Mailbox account and password
Enter credentials to access the mailbox.
Full email address of mailbox specified above
The email address of the POP3 mailbox.
Instructs GFI FaxMaker to connect and communicate with the mail server using SSL.
Time interval to check for new faxes
Specify a frequency for GFI FaxMaker to check for new faxes in the GFI FaxMaker mailbox.
- Click OK.