If you plan to use the Windows fax modem drivers, you are required to install Microsoft Fax prior to configuring GFI FaxMaker, otherwise, GFI FaxMaker will not detect them.
This article provides set up instructions for the Windows fax modem drivers.
Windows fax drivers are required when using fax modems.
- Install the fax modem(s) according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Update with the latest modem drivers from the manufacturer website; do not rely on the automatically detected driver of Microsoft Windows. If the modem supports fax, then Windows should install the Microsoft fax service.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows components and ensure that Fax Services are enabled.
Figure 1: Installing Fax Services
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services applet and ensure that the Microsoft Fax service (‘Fax’) is started and set to automatic.
- Go to Control Panel > Printers and Faxes and ensure that the Microsoft Fax printer driver is installed.
- Send a test fax to the Microsoft Fax printer driver to ensure it is working.
- Once you run the GFI FaxMaker setup, the installation wizard will recognize this fax modem and you will be able to configure fax lines that use the Microsoft® fax drivers.