This article describes how to find the information needed and the process to follow that set up a GFI FaxMaker Online account for use with the GFI FaxMaker server's fax services.
A FaxMaker installation using Faxmaker Online as a fax service account.
Access to your GFI FaxMaker Online Account will be required for the completion of the following steps.
Gathering the Required Information
- Log in to FaxMaker Online's administration console. You can access it directly through the Administrator Portal Login.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner and choose Users.
- Choose the user the desired fax number(s) to be used with FaxMaker are assigned to.
- Click the gear icon beside (to the right) the user's name and choose Edit User.
- Take note of the username in the format
mbx########on the Users tab (the reset password link displays, as well as the password, if unknown), then click on the Fax tab.
- Verify the number(s) listed displays the fax number you would like to add to the FaxMaker server. You may add additional numbers by choosing them from the Choose fax number drop-down.
- Change the Fax receiving settings from Receive Fax using email to Use Inbound Web Service.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
Configuring the FaxMaker Online Account
From Programs, open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration, select the Fax Services node and select New fax service account.
- Select GFI Online Fax Service and click OK.
Enter a name for the account in Account Name, the user ID is the username that was noted before. It displays in the format mbx########.
Enter the password for the user account. This is different from the FaxMaker online login, which is the administrator account, if the user's password is unknown, it can be reset from the Users tab in FaxMaker Online.
Click Validate Account to check if GFI FaxMaker can access the service using the details provided.
In Receive poll interval in minutes specify the frequency for GFI FaxMaker to check for new faxes. 5 minutes is the default value.
- Click OK.
Configuring the Fax Lines for the FaxMaker Online Account
- Click Lines/Devices.
- Click Properties.
- Click Add.
- Choose the first available Fax Line.
- Choose Fax Services as the Device type.
- Choose your OFS (Online Fax Service) Account Name, which was created in the steps above, from the Physical line/port dropdown.
- Repeat this process for each line that is required.
- When complete, and OK is selected to close the Lines and devices properties box, you will be prompted to restart the FaxMaker Fax Server service account. Select Yes.
Send a test fax using the sending method you use normally.
You will receive a transmission report confirming the fax was sent.
You can also review sent faxes in the FaxMaker Online Administration Portal:
- Log in to FaxMaker Online's administration portal. You can access it directly through the Administrator Portal Login.
- Select Activity Log from the top ribbon.
- Verify the date range encompasses the date you sent the test fax and select Search.
- Depending on the number of pages, as each page adds more time to the fax transmission, the fax sent will now appear in the activity log after a few minutes as seen in the screenshot below.