This article provides resolution for users who are unable to log in to FaxMaker web interface. They receive an error - Invalid username or password (shown below) - when attempting to log in.
FaxMaker v.18 2015: This version began the FaxMaker web interface and only included the web client.
FaxMaker v.19 and higher: Includes the web client and the contents of the current web interface.
The solutions listed below have been found to resolve this issue. Solutions 4 and 5 were provided by customers that worked in their environment.
Ensure all FaxMaker services are started.
- Right-click Start and select Run
- Type services.msc and select OK
- When the services MMC appears, scroll down to GFI FaxMaker services. There are 3.
- Ensure all three services are in the running state.
- If one is not running, in this case, we would be looking for the GFI FaxMaker Attendant service, right-click that service and select start.
Follow the below steps to disable IPv6 on the NIC:
- From Control Panel, open Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left panel, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the network adapter you are looking to change and then select Properties.
- Uncheck the box for Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv6) and then click OK.
Please verify the following steps:
- If still getting an invalid username, from Administrative tools, navigate to IIS Manager
- Expand the computer name on the left,
- Expand sites,
- Expand Default Web Site,
- Select FaxMaker,
- Double Click Authentication and make sure ASP.NET Impersonation is 'disabled'.
Verify the FaxMaker licensed users in local group policy have "Allow access to computer from network" in user rights assignment set.
Verify there is no security software installed on the server operating system which prevents logging in.
This workaround was created for support if, for example, a customer could not access the web interface while we were troubleshooting with them. This access is admin only, meaning there is no access to the FaxMaker Web Client to be able to send faxes. Login with the following credentials.
Username: GFISupport@yourdomain.xxx Example: GFISupport@gfi.com
Upon completion of the solutions and steps above, users and admins should be able to log in to the FaxMaker web interface.