This article provides resolution for users who are unable to log in to Faxmaker web interface. They receive an error - Invalid username or password (shown below) - when attempting to log in.
The screenshot below shows the error received when unable to log into the FaxMaker Web Interface.
Ensure all FaxMaker services are started.
- Right-click Start and select Run
- Type services.msc and select OK
- When the services MMC appears, scroll down to GFI FaxMaker services. There are 3.
- Ensure all three services are in the running state.
- If one is not running, in this case, we would be looking for the GFI FaxMaker Attendant service, right-click that service and select start.
Follow the below steps to disable IPv6 on the NIC:
- From Control Panel, open Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left panel, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the network adapter you are looking to change and then select Properties.
- Uncheck the box for Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv6) and then click OK.
Please verify the following steps:
- If still getting an invalid username, from Administrative tools, navigate to IIS Manager
- Expand the computer name on the left,
- Expand sites,
- Expand Default Web Site,
- Select FaxMaker,
- Double Click Authentication and make sure ASP.NET Impersonation is 'disabled'.
This would affect a user (not a fax admin) attempting to log into the monitor specifically. Please verify the following steps:
- Only the Fax Administrators can log in to the FaxMaker Monitor or Reporting.
- Ensure that the account is added in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration as an administrator
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration, expand Advanced and select Fax Administrators.
- Verify the user who cannot login is present here or if they are not, add them.
Users and admins should be able to log in to the FaxMaker web interface.