This article provides resolution for users who are unable to log in to GFI Faxmaker web interface. They receive an error - Invalid username or password (shown below) - when attempting to log in.
The screenshot below shows the error received when unable to log into the FaxMaker Web Interface.
Ensure all FaxMaker services are started.
- Right click start and select Run
- Type services.msc and select OK
- When the services MSC appears, scroll down to GFI FaxMaker services. There are 3.
- Ensure all three services are in the running state.
- If one is not running, in this case we would be looking for the GFI FaxMaker Attendant service, right click that service and select start.
Follow the below steps to disable IPv6 on the NIC:
- Right-click on the network icon on your Windows desktop and then select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- On the right panel, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the network adapter you are looking to change and then select Properties.
- Uncheck the box for Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv6) and then click OK.
Please verify the following steps:
- If still getting an invalid username, from Administrative tools, navigate to IIS Manager
- Expand the computer name on the left,
- Expand sites,
- Expand Default Web Site,
- Expand FaxMaker,
- Select Authentication and make sure ASP.NET Impersonation is 'disabled'.
This would affect a user (not a fax admin) attempting to log into the monitor specifically. Please verify the following steps:
- Only the Fax Administrators can log in to the FaxMaker Monitor or Reporting.
- Ensure that the account is added in the GFI FaxMaker Configuration as an administrator
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration, expand Advanced and select Fax Administrators.
- Verify the user who cannot login is present here or if they are not, add them.
Users and admins should be able to log in to the FaxMaker web interface.