FaxMaker can deliver inbound fax messages to a specific user's mailbox. Verifying the user who should be receiving the faxes is not registered as a web API use is a common and simple thing to check to ensure faxes are routed to email properly. This article outlines steps for ensuring a user is not a registered as a web API user.
- Open the FaxMaker Configuration from Programs.
- Select the Licensed users node.
- Find the user who is not receiving faxes by email and verify if they have a green shirt in Licensed users.
- Once confirmed the user with the green shirt in licensed users should be receiving faxes via email and is not an actual web API user, right click the user and select "Unregister Web API User".
- The shirt color on the user in Licensed users will be blue for user or red for user/administrator.
By design, inbound faxes are stored in the Web Service API queue folder for retrieval and are not delivered to the user mailbox using SMTP, if the intended user is registered as a Web-API user.
After the user is no longer registered as a web API user, the received fax emails will now be routed to the user's email box.