This article provides information regarding fax devices that are compatible with FaxMaker. This would include cards and modems of analog, ISDN and FoIP architecture.
- FaxMaker was only tested with each card separately.
- For the use of multiple cards/devices belonging to different vendors, please check with the manufacturer of the individual cards to ensure that there are no incompatibilities.
- Please note that GFI Software only supports Professional Digital/ISDN Fax Boards as ISDN Modems are not supported.
Note: If using a fax device that is not listed below, technical support can be declined due to the device is not supported and has not been tested and proven to work with FaxMaker.
The following table is a complete list of vendors providing professional digital fax boards, analog modems and Fax Over IP devices that are supported by FaxMaker.
- These cards support Analog, ISDN BRI, ISDN PRI - E1/T1, and Fax-over-IP.
- See the full list of the supported Brooktrout cards.
- GFI Software also sells Brooktrout cards by Dialogic.
|Dialogic (Eicon) / Now Sangoma
- These cards support Analog, ISDN BRI, ISDN PRI -E1/T1, and Fax-over-IP.
- See the full list of the supported Dialogic cards.
- Software-only Fax-over-IP (FoIP) solution.
Voice gateways are used to allow the use of a FoIP fax device on the FaxMaker server to communicate with the voice gateway. The voice gateway, in turn, communicates with the analog or digital lines or other network devices.
- Dialogic Media Gateway - DMG, originally produced and sold by Dialogic is now handled by Sangoma. Sangoma has End of Lifed the DMG and its replacement is the Vega, listed below.
Sangoma Vega - See the full list of the supported Vega devices.
- Other voice gateways have been used by many customers, but not tested by GFI specifically. Many have been tested by the FoIP device manufacturers and can be reviewed here.