The SQL server process allocates all available memory for itself which can result in bad performance of other applications.
- GFI products utlitizing a SQL database
- Running a SQL server on the same server as the GFI product
Configure the maximum memory that the SQL server allocates.
- Start the SQL Server Management Studio
- Right click on the SQL Server and click on Properties
- Change to the Memory page
- Configure the "Maximum server memory" value
- Restart the SQL server service
SQL server is configured to allocate all available memory by default.