This article lists the steps to reinstall the Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 driver if it happens to become corrupt or if it has an issue while updating.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Look for the Brooktrout TR1034 driver and click on the Uninstall button.
- Remove the Device listing from the Device Manager, if applicable.
Note: When the TR1034 drivers are installed, it will show a listing as Computer Telephony, when the drivers are removed, it may list the device as Other device or Intelligent I/O device.
- Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktroutand rename the TR1034 directory to TR1034old (Right-click on the directory and click on Rename). If this cannot be done due to a process attached to a file in the folder, reboot the computer and try again.
- Press CTRL + r and type in
regeditand then click on the OK button.
- Click on the Yes button in the pop-up asking you for permission in order to open the Windows Registry.
- Look and delete the following registry Keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Brooktrout Technology HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Brooktrout Technology
- 32-bit OS:
- Reboot the server.
- When the server has been rebooted, cancel the Windows detect, if applicable.
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services.
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktroutand run as administrator the following file:
- 32-bit OS: brooktrout_tr1034.exe
64-bit OS: brooktrout_tr1034_x64.exe
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\config and rename the
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktrout\TR1034old\Boston\configand copy
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\config.
- Open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool from the Start Menu, review all associated settings and select Save and Apply from the top toolbar.
- Ensure that the Brooktrout Boston Host Service and the GFI FaxMaker services are started.
Once reinstalled the Brooktrout service and FaxMaker services should start and the faxing service should be able to resume.