This article provides steps to reinstall the FaxMaker Printer. The FaxMaker Printer could require reinstallation when 1701 document conversion errors occur.
All FaxMaker installations.
Install or recreate the FaxMaker printer by following the below procedures:
- Navigate to the FaxMaker installation directory. The default directory path is:
c:\Program Files\GFI\FaxMakeror if installed on a 64-bit Operating System, the default directory path is:
c:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker.
- Run as administrator on the Windows (7, 8, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or 2012) Command script
- Stop the Print Spooler Service from the Services Management Console by navigating to Start > Run. Type
services.mscand press Enter and wait 10 seconds.
- Re-start the Print Spooler Service.
- Navigate to the FaxMaker installation directory. Run as administrator on the Windows (7, 8, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or 2012) Command script
- After the command has been completed, set the FaxMakerprinter as the default printer for the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service account. This can be discovered using the Viewing the Service Accounts Used by FaxMaker article.
- Login to the FaxMaker server as the account discovered in step 6.
- From Control Panel > Devices and Printers, right-click the FaxMaker Printer and select Set as Default.
Note: If errors are given when installing using the command scripts in steps 2 or 5, please see the Manually Installing the FaxMaker Printer article.
After reinstalling the FaxMaker Printer and setting it as default for the FaxMaker Fax Server service user, the 1701 document conversion error will no longer be present.