This article details information for enabling advanced ECC logging for Dialogic fax devices and uploading these logs with the GFI Troubleshooter.
Enable Debug Mode in FaxMaker
Follow steps 1 through 4 in the Gathering Troubleshooter logs for FaxMaker article. They are listed below as well.
- Open the FaxMaker Configuration and expand the Advanced node.
- Select the Miscellaneous node and click Properties from the window on the right.
- Under Troubleshooting options, check the Enable debug mode box.
- Click OK, and you will be asked to restart the FaxMaker Services. Select Yes to enable the debug mode and restart the services.
Enabling Advanced ECC Logging with FaxMaker
- On your start menu under programs, under "GFI FaxMaker Brooktrout TR1034 Drivers" locate and start the Brooktrout Configuration Tool
- If asked about your IP stack, please, select "None" (Unless using the SR140 utility, or using FoIP/Fax-Over-IP with TR1034 hardware)
- If asked to confirm folder paths, please accept the defaults
- Once the Brooktrout Configuration Tool launches, it will be in either "Wizard Mode" or "Advanced Mode" (the mode will appear in the title bar at the top of the window). If it starts in Wizard mode, please click the button on the bottom left to enter Advanced Mode
- Click on the "Call Control Parameters" node on the left and choose the "Tracing" tab on the right. Within this screen, set all trace levels to "Verbose".
- At the bottom, there will be an input field to specify the Trace File Name. By default, this will simply show "ecc.log". Make sure that you specify a complete path to this file. Use the path of the FaxMaker debug logs folder, C:\Program Files(x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\logs\ecc.log, by default.
- Click "Save" and then "Apply" to confirm the settings. This will restart the Brooktrout Boston service and stop the FaxMaker Fax Server service.
Enabling Advanced Dialogic Debug Logging
In addition to the above logging, Dialogic has also requested that we enable advanced debug logging within the btcall.cfg. This file is located in the following path: C:\Program Files(x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Brooktrout\TR1034\Boston\config" by default.
- Open "btcall.cfg" using notepad.exe to edit. At the bottom of this file, add the following lines in the order presented below:
- debug_options 3
- debug_control 9 1
- Save and close the btcall.cfg file
- At this point, you can restart Brooktrout Boston service and the FaxMaker Fax Server service and resume normal faxing. After a few calls double-check that your ecc.log file contains logging information
- After collecting a sample of the errors you are seeing, run the FaxMaker troubleshooter as outlined in the Gathering Troubleshooter logs for FaxMaker article. Start with step 5 and once the Troubleshooter completes, it will upload the logging to GFI Support.