This article provides the steps to configure the FaxMaker to add a prefix to every fax number.
A prefix may be needed in the event where your carrier requires a
9 to be added for a long-distance call, or when your telephony environment needs to have a given number to get outside of the local PBX. To configure FaxMaker to add a prefix to every fax number:
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select Lines/Devices > Properties.
- Highlight the first outbound line and click the Properties button.
- Select the Line options tab, then locate Dial prefix & suffix.
- Add the prefix in the left box, then click the OK button.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each of your outbound lines.
Once the steps above have been completed for each line, the prefix will be added to each dial string.