This article provides the steps to configure the GFI FaxMaker to add a prefix to every fax number.
A prefix may be needed in the event where your carrier requires a
1to be added for a long distance dial, or when your telephony environment needs to have a given number to get outside of the local PBX. To configure GFI FaxMaker to add a prefix to every fax number:
- Open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select Lines/Devices > Properties.
- Highlight the first outbound line and click the Properties button.
- Select the Line options tab, then locate Dial prefix & suffix.
- Add the prefix in the left box, then click the OK button.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each of your outbound lines.