- Go to GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Advanced > Dialing.
- Go to Properties.
Country code and Area code
In this example, 44 is the country code for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. No dial prefix should be used here.
When the fax server detects a
+ in front of the structured fax number, this section will be used to modify the first part of the number. The country code can be removed if it matches the details in the My country code field.
- If International Dialing is not selected, the country code will remain intact.
- If selected, it enables two further options.
- One is the option to attach a prefix if the country code matches and is removed.
- The other option is to replace the
+with the international dial prefix when selected.
It caters for local settings or area code.
- When selected, this will enable two further options.
- The first option allows you to remove the area code if it matches the entry in the field My country code. The area code in the structured fax number must be included in round brackets. If this is not done, GFI FaxMaker FaxServer cannot determine which part of the number is the area code. When this option is selected, it also enables the option to attach a prefix to the number if the area code is removed.
- Another option allows you to add a prefix if the area code is different from the one specified. The prefix may be specified in the field adjacent to this option.
Some National Dialing procedures can be more complex and some exceptions may be required.
For example, when handling multiple local area codes, Exceptions allow you to add a prefix and exclude an area code when a number matches a particular combination.
- Click Exceptions.
- Key in the appropriate Area Code under Exception Entry.
- If an exception is required for a particular exchange number, key in the Exchange number, or key in
*to apply for all numbers in that area code.
- To add a prefix before the area code, select Dial prefix before the area code and key in the prefix.
- Mark Do not dial the area code if you wish not to use this function.
- Click Add to enter the exempted number.
- Repeat procedure for all exceptions.
NOTE: Use commas to add a delay between numbers, if required. Each comma represents approximately a two-second delay.
Sending Fax and Configuring the Dial Options
+<country code> (<area code>) <fax number>
- +44 (171) 226 4788
- +1 (716) 265 1016
- +356 382 419
Unable to Remove Area Code and Country Code on Dialling in the FaxMaker Configuration