You will need to be able to view a current license or apply a new license key upon renewal of your license. This article shares the process of viewing and entering the license key information in the GFI FaxMaker Web Interface.
Starting in version 19, the license key is applied in the web interface rather than in the FaxMaker configuration MMC.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Start > Programs > GFI FaxMaker > GFI FaxMaker Web Interface.
Log in as an administrator. You can view the list of administrators by going to Start > Programs > GFI FaxMaker > GFI FaxMaker Configuration > Advanced Fax Administrators, as seen in the screenshot below.
- Once logged in, click on the gear icon in the top toolbar menu.
- Go to the Licensing tab.
- View the current license key information and click the Edit link to enter the new license key.
- When the Edit link is clicked, the license mode options appear. You can enter your license key by using either of the following modes:
- GFI Account Authentication: Select this option to use your GFI Accounts Portal login credentials to access your license key. Refer to this linked article for information about logging into the GFI Accounts Portal and accessing your license information.
GFI Manual Key: Select this option to enter your license key manually.
- Once the key is verified, the information about the license displays in the bottom pane. It includes the expiration date, user count, and the number of users licensed along with other information.
Confirmation: The green checkmark signifies that the license is valid, as seen in the screenshot below. If the license is not valid, a red cross mark appears instead.
- Confirmation: The green checkmark signifies that the license is valid, as seen in the screenshot below. If the license is not valid, a red cross mark appears instead.
- Occasionally, due to IIS and security settings, the page may not refresh, and the license may show as "invalid" even though the key entered is valid. When this happens, please follow these steps to correct this issue:
- Log out of the GFI FaxMaker Web Interface and close your browser.
- Log back into the web interface and check the license status. Performing this action resolves this issue most of the time.
- If the license still shows as "invalid", then log out, close the browser again, and restart the FaxMaker services.
- Once the services are restarted, log back in and check the license status.
- If, by chance, the license still shows as "invalid", please restart the FaxMaker server at a suitable time to resolve this issue.
The new license key will be applied successfully and proper operation of FaxMaker can continue.