AnswerWhen installing a service to run under a domain user account, the account must have the right to logon as a service on the local GFI FaxMaker machine. This logon permission applies strictly to the local computer and must be granted in the Local Security Policy.
Perform the following to edit the Local Security Policy of the computer you want to define the ‘logon as a service’ permission:
- Logon to the computer with administrative privileges.
- Open the ‘Administrative Tools’ and open the ‘Local Security Policy’
- Expand ‘Local Policy’ and click on ‘User Rights Assignment’
- In the right pane, right-click ‘Log on as a service’ and select properties.
- Click on the ‘Add User or Group…’ button to add the new user.
- In the ‘Select Users or Groups’ dialogue, find the user you wish to enter and click ‘OK’
- Click ‘OK’ in the ‘Log on as a service Properties’ to save changes.
- Ensure that the user which you have added above is not listed in the ‘Deny log on as a service’ policy in the Local Security Policy.