The purpose of this article is to provide a solution when users experience handshaking errors and calls not being answered when using Multitech devices.
Any FaxMaker installation using a Multitech analog modem as a fax device.
This solution was discovered via testing by Technical Support on live environments and may not apply to all Multitech models.
- From Programs, open the FaxMaker Configuration.
- Select Lines/Devices then select Properties.
- Select the first line/modem then click Properties.
- On the Modem tab, Change the Rings until answer to 1.
- Also on the Modem tab, select Advanced Modem Options and select Edit modem from the dropdown.
- Change the following values:
- DLE Code Method:
- Data Initialization String:
- Click OK.
- Select the Line Options tab and set the Max speed to 14400 and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 - 8 for each line on which you would like to change the settings.
- Close the Lines/Devices properties box and select yes when requested to restart the FaxMaker fax server service.
- Close the FaxMaker Configuration