This article provides information on clearing the old logs and temp files in FaxMaker.
Note: When old log and temp files build up, this can result in issues where faxmaker services keep crashing and services also cannot be stopped in some instances.
Clearing old and large log files helps to improve FaxMaker's performance. Follow the steps below:
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services (and SMTP, Brooktrout services, if they exist).
- Clear all the files on the
\Logsfolder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). By default, the
Logsfolder is located under
\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker\. These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Clear all *.TXT files larger than 1Mb on the
\FaxMakerfolder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Delete temp files (ONLY DELETE FILES NOT FOLDERS) from faxes older than a few days (and that are not reported in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor - Queued Faxes) from the following folders:
- Restart all services that were previously stopped.