This article provides information on clearing the old logs and temp files in FaxMaker.
Clearing old and large log files helps to improve FaxMaker's performance. Follow the steps below:
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services (and SMTP, Brooktrout services, if they exist).
- Clear all the files on the
\Logsfolder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). By default, the
Logsfolder is located under
\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker\. These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Clear all *.TXT files larger than 1Mb on the
\FaxMakerfolder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Delete temp files (ONLY DELETE FILES NOT FOLDERS) from faxes older than a few days (and that are not reported in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor - Queued Faxes) from the following folders:
- Restart all services that were previously stopped.