The purpose of this article is to provide a solution for fax quality issues when using a Brooktrout fax device.
All FaxMaker installations that use a Brooktrout fax device.
Faxes sent from FaxMaker do not show text correctly, which looks like it is broken or cut-off or cut-up.
Here is an example of a fax with this issue. Please note that some areas were blurred intentionally for privacy protection:
The resolution set in the Brooktrout Configuration tool was higher than the maximum resolution supported by FaxMaker.
FaxMaker supports a maximum resolution of 200x200, but the Brooktrout Configuration Tool can allow the use of higher resolutions.
Follow these steps to check and alter these settings:
- From Programs, open the Brooktrout Configuration Tool.
- From the left pane select BTCall Parameters and on the right pane select Show Advanced.
- Scroll down to Allowed Resolutions and ensure 200H x 200V (fine) is selected.
- If these settings are put above 200Hx200V, then they will take precedence over the settings in FaxMaker, resulting in faxes that look as if they are cut off or cut up.
- Select this setting and select Save and Apply from the top ribbon.
- Once complete, restart the FaxMaker fax server service from the services.msc.
Once the correct resolution setting is selected in the Brooktrout Configuration Tool, the faxes will no longer look choppy.