- Faxes sent from FaxMaker do not show text correctly, which looks like it is broken or cut-off or cut-up.
- Here is an example of fax with this issue. Please note that some areas were blurred intentionally for privacy protection:
- GFI FaxMaker
- Any device using Brooktrout drivers (including SR140)
The resolution set in the Brooktrout Configuration tool was higher than the maximum resolution supported by FaxMaker.
FaxMaker supports a maximum resolution of 200x200:
- However, it is possible to use the Brooktrout Configuration tool only allows the device to use a higher resolution setting.
- Follow these steps to check these settings:
- Open the Brooktrout Configuration tool.
- Navigate to BTCall Parameters > Advanced Settings > Allowed Resolutions.
- If these settings are put above 200Hx200V, then they will take precedence over the settings in FaxMaker, resulting in faxes that look as if they are cut off or cut up.
- To ensure that faxes do not end up looking like this, open the Brooktrout Configuration tool and set the resolution down to 200Hx200V.