When trying to add an Active Directory group or user to the licensed users in the GFI FaxMaker configuration, the following error is returned:
This user cannot be added since it is not assigned an SMTP address.
This group cannot be added since it is not assigned a FAXmaker address.
- GFI FaxMaker
- Active Directory
The group or user being added has not been assigned an SMTP address in Active Directory.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Expand the 'domain' from which the group or user is being retrieved and click Users.
- Locate the 'group' or 'user' you are adding to GFI FaxMaker and double click it to open its Properties.
- Enter an 'email address' for the 'group' or 'user' in the E-mail field.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Add the 'group' or 'user' to the GFI FaxMaker configuration again.
The Active Directory group or user is added successfully to the licensed users in the GFI FaxMaker configuration.