This article provides two possible solutions on how to resolve the error appearing below.
The following error comes out when trying to open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration:
The configuration files cannot be accessed. Please make sure you have installed FaxMaker correctly and that you have the enough permissions to access the FaxMaker folder.
Followed by a Microsoft Management Console error:
MMC cannot initialize the snap-in.
This is caused by corruption of the Access database. Often caused by conflicts with antivirus software on the GFI FaxMaker Server.
- Ensure that you have excluded the files when running an antivirus on the same machine as the GFI FaxMaker.
- Compact and repair the database:
- Close the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services.
- Create a backup copy of the following file from the database of GFI FaxMaker
- After backing up the files, open the file in MS Access.
- Go to Database Tools and click Compact and Repair Database.
- Exit MS Access.
- Restart the GFI FaxMaker services.
This may be due to a permissions issue.
- Verify that the account running the GFI FaxMaker services is an administrator account with full access to the GFI FaxMaker files and folders.
- If GFI FaxMaker is intended to be installed in Active Directory mode, the GFI FaxMaker services should run with a Domain Administrator account.