This article provides steps to take when attempting to start the FaxMaker Fax Server service and the 9999 error is given.
This issue may occur when the GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service is not shut down properly and is still running. This service may take up to 30 seconds to terminate completely. If the GFI FaxMaker FaxServer process does not stop after 30 seconds, the fmserver.exe process needs to be stopped manually.
- Right-click the Start button and Run
- Type services.msc and select OK
- Navigate to the FaxMaker Fax Server service
- Right-click and select stop. If the service already shows as stopped, proceed to step 5
- Open the Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Select the Processes tab and locate any running instances of fmserver.exe
- Right-click the fmserver.exe instances and select end task
- Once all instances of fmserver.exe have been stopped go back to the services.msc console
- Start the GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service
Once the other instances of fmserver.exe have been stopped, the FaxMaker Fax Server service will start normally from the services.msc console.