Outbound fax requests that contain one or more attachment(s) will trigger an email notification with the following error:
Error: Attachment Conversion Failed: 1812
This article describes the root cause and the resolution for this error.
FaxMaker installed in all supported environments
The 1812 error is given when the FaxMaker Printer is not the default printer for the FaxMaker Fax Server service account. Follow the steps below to set the FaxMaker Printer as default for this account.
- Using the viewing the FaxMaker service account in use article, determine what account is used as the FaxMaker Fax Server service account.
- Log into the FaxMaker server using the account discovered in step 1.
- Select Start and open Control Panel
- Select Devices and Printers
- Right-click the FaxMaker Printer and select Set as Default
- Restart the FaxMaker Services
Upon completion of the steps listed above, send a test fax with an attachment and confirm the successful document conversion and fax transmission.